Thursday 17 July 2008

Journey begins to new eyes!


Those of you that do not know me, I am as blind as a bat. I am very short sighted and have been since I was 9. Up until then I had perfect eyesight. The optition advised my mum it was the shock of loosing my dad ( he had recently died.) Anyway I started of having to wear national health glasses, you know the ones.. big plastic square frames... lovely!! My sister and brother in law bought me my first pair of 'private glasses when I was about 12, then I then had another pair which were real 'Dierdre Barlow glasses as you can see from the picture, they were huge!! However just after this picture was taken (me at my 21st) I got my contact lenses and haven't look back until recently when I started thinking about laser treatment.

Well I have my consultation tomorrow and to say I am nervous is an understatement. I'm not very good with eyes but I know it will be worth it in the end. I will be able to see in the shower!!!!!

I will keep you posted on how it goes..

Thanks for reading

2 comments:

  1. LOL Cally! I had a pair of Deirdre's as well! Just think, this picture was taken the week we met ....... scarey! Lovely one of you and your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh - if I had a brain!! Good luck for tomorrow and hope that they can do something for you. You're braver than I am!

    ReplyDelete