Tuesday 7 June 2011

Glitterpot Class - 2nd June 2011

What a horrible yucky day it was yesterday. Rain all day! I hate the rain. Mind you I was doing housework all morning (sorry I swore!!!) and then in the afternoon I was packing up stuff that I had sold on e-bay and taking it to the post-office.

Didn't hear anything about my job yet! I got fed up with my hubby phoning/texting me every hour 'have you heard yet?' lol

Right let's get to the cards. On Friday I went to the Glitterpot and did a class with , Alexandra Kamann. As mentioned before, this was the first class Pam and I had done with Alex but it will not be the last. Not knowing Alex we had no idea what we would be doing. The morning's class was to show how you can use the same stamp for both male and female cards. The stamp that was used was a Tatty Ted stamp that I fell in love with and jumped into my basket.

For both cards, the image was stamped out and then coloured with pencils and the oil that I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. It's the first time that I have liked my colouring with pencils. The matt was cut using a labels die (again can't remember the number - I should write these things down!!). Backing paper and ribbon that was originally white but coloured using copic pens ( will work with promarkers). The rose on the first card was made using a coil of paper. I found this quite difficult and didn't like mine at first but once it got stuck on the card it grew on me, so to speak. The leaves were cut free hand. The greeting was stamped using one of Paula Pascale's greeting stamps.

The male version was coloured in black's and greys. Added a button to some cord. The card was originally portrait with the image underneath the button, but Pam had done hers landscape and I liked it that way so I asked her if I could copy her..she said no but I did it anyway!! (well I did ask first!!!! lol). That bear is so sweet!

The afternoon class we were doing white on white cards. On this one we embossed the card blank first. Stamped the greeting on a thin piece of card. the flower is handmade, made from tissue paper. You cut lots of layers using a flower nestie (scalloped circle would work just the same). Hold all the layers together with a brad in the middle (doesn't matter what colour as it doesn't get seen), then you just scrunch each layer into the middle until it produces a flower. really easy and effective! The matt was cut using the same nestie label from the morning. Leaves were cut from a punch.

The second card was a bit larger. The backing was embossed again using the big shot. The flower was made exactly the same except it was a bigger circle this time and you can't really see it in the photo but the edges of the flower were tinted with an ink pad, as was the embossed matt and the greeting label. A piece of white ribbon was added to the card to cover up the join on the embossing as the card was a bit too big for the embossing folder. The sentiment was from a lady's in the class who wanted her's to be a wedding card. Butterflies were cut from a punch in vellum that had been stamped using stazon. I then added gems to bring them out.The leaves were cut in vellum freehand.
I have never done white on white before but I will definitely be trying this again, especially for wedding cards. The idea is to have lots of texture.
What a great day.


Thanks for reading

3 comments:

  1. Lol I like the way you said you said you asked Pam said no but you did it anyway gave me a chuckle but all 4 cards are stunning I love the way you show how to use 1 stamp for male and female I wouldn't have thought about using tatty for male cards I can see why you fell in love with him so sweet the white on white are just amazing love them both and the flowers are so pretty I might have to have a go at those weather is still yukky here today too yesterday was just the same oh and I forgive you for swearing lol
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Cally. Sounds like a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cally,

    just saw that you follow my blog now and thought I'll have a nosey at yours :-) It's fab! Thanks for the mention and link to my blog, too!
    I had a great day with all of you as well and you all did beautiful jobs with your cards! Hope to see you again soon!
    Love, Alex

    ReplyDelete