Monday 25 June 2018

Something a bit Different.

Ok so those of you that know me know that I do not do messy especially when crafting, however over the past couple of months I have been doing crafts that I didn't think I would do. The craft retreat at The Papeterie in Aberdeen and my week away with my crafty buddies have certainly brought me out of my comfort zone. :-) Over the next few posts I will show you what I have been up to. A nice rest from cards !

The first project I have to show you is one from The Papeterie designed by Charlotte. You take a normal clipboard and cover it in chalk paint. We used Americana Decor Chalk Paint. Then using stencils or just free hand - decorate it with texture paste. I did use a stencil but I am not too good with it. You can decorate it with distress inks etc. As much as you want. You then get wax crayons and using a hot gun, melt them so that they run down the board to make a pattern. Have to say I did quite enjoy doing this. No two projects are the same. A sentiment was stamped onto the bard and them an umbrella cut from glitter card was stuck on. 

You could have put the crayons on the back so that you could still use the clipboard but I decided I just wanted it as decoration in my craft room.


Thanks for reading

Cally

No comments:

Post a Comment