Saturday 5 February 2011

Some cards & Jewellery

Yesterday I decided that I needed to do some crafting as I was getting some withdrawal symptoms.

Just recently I have been buying some beads etc and decided I would see if I could make a necklace. here is what I made....2nd attempt cause as I was securing it the thread broke and I had beads everywhere.. I'm not 100% pleased with it but it's ok for a first attempt...(well 2nd if you count Appleby Magna).


This morning I was sitting in my craft room finishing off my son's birthday card when the youngest one came in and asked me if I would make him a valentine's card for his fiancée. This is what I came up with.
The image is a decoupaged forever friend's bear. The backing paper came with the decoupaged kit. I used nesties labels 10 to matt and layer the image. I then ran it through the cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder. The flower I cut using the EK success large daisy die as I didn't have any flowers to match the card colour. A sparkly brad was used for the center. The greeting was in the kit and I just mounted it on the same colour card. I added some ribbon and some gems and the card was done.

This is the card that I have made for my step son. Not sure if I like it not..you know when you have a picture in your mind of how a card is gonna look but then it turns out different, well this is what this one did.
The image is a decoupaged one and this was matted onto some ready made card from Craftwork cards. A computer generated greeting and some card candy to finish it off.
Thanks for reading



1 comment:

  1. Bet your son will earn brownie points with that alentine Cal and Im sure your step son will love his card too. Jewellry looks great I keep thinking should I try then I look at my card stuff and think nooooooo lol :00
    Myrax

    ReplyDelete