Saturday 22 August 2015

Great British Craft Festival - Workshops

Well today has been a lovely sunny day - very hot. Shoreham - near where I live - had their airshow today but unfortunately one of the plane's crashed  onto a nearby busy road and there were some fatalities. Very sad for the families. Not all details have been released yet but my heart goes out to the families of the people that lost their lives and those injured.

On to happier news, a couple of weeks ago, a couple of friends and I went up to the Great British Craft Festival. On the Friday we did some workshops and here are the projects that we made.

This is a picture of us all waiting to go into one of the workshops. 



The first workshop we did was with Powertex. A fabric hardener that can be used on all natural materials. This is my plaque that I made. I wish that I had scrunched the  fabric up more round the face. I do find the face a bit freaky but it turned out ok. Take a look at their website they have some lovely pieces.


This is the Hunkydory workshop that we made. A little booklet showing the story of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas'  The pictures of the insides have not come out very well but you can see the idea. This has so much potential. 




A Craft tidy made with Princess Pinflair. (tools are mine and didn't come with the project :-) )
This was made using cardboard and material.


There was a 4th workshop - a chalkboard but I haven't finished it yet so will show when I have. Watch this space for the make and takes I did on the Saturday & Sunday.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment