Tuesday 21 June 2016

A lovely day in London

Yesterday we woke up to torrential rain. Great I thought, perfect for a day up n London. Then went to have a shower and found that we had no hot water! Still I would not let even that to spoil my day. Off hubby and I trotted to the station to catch a train getting soaked.

We were going to use my sister's Christmas pressie that she got us..Afternoon tea at the Waldorf. We walked from Victoria Station to the hotel in the rain again although it was easing a bit. When we got to the hotel though ot was all worth it.

Table layout - china cups!!


Proper tea with tea leaves


The sandwiches and cakes..mmmmmm


It took us about an hour and half to demolish that lot :-) and when we left it had stopped raining so we had a walk around. Down to Covent Garden, Leicester Square and up to Hamleys. (big kid really!!) We ended up at Trafalgar square and had a sit down.

Took this picture a minute before it started to rain again. Look at that sky!! 


We then had another walk down to Horse Guards Parade and went into their museum. Very interesting. then when we came out it was brilliant sunshine. We made our way back to Trafalgar Square and had a sit in the sunshine watching the sights. 


We then headed back to Victoria to the Apollo and saw Wicked which was very good but very busy. We then got caught up in the train cancellations and could only get a train back to Gatwick so my son had to come pick up.

It was a great day despite the wet start but I think it wasn't a good idea to walk around London the day after I have run 5k in the Race for Life :-)  I ached just a little bit!!!

Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment