Thursday 10 May 2012

Greta's Playday

Back in April, 4 of us met up at Greta's for a play day, myself, Pam, Kim and of course Greta. The day was for makes and of course plenty of chat and laughs. Here are the makes for the day. I have got a piece of jewellery that I made but don't know where the picture of it is but I will post that when I find it!!

Here is my first attempt at Iris folding and I must say I really enjoyed doing it. It was very therapeutic. If you look closely at the picture you will see where I made a boo-boo though! I was using glue to stick the bits of paper and I ended up sicking the card to the pattern! Opps.


I didn't make that mistake on the second one!! used sellotape on this one. It's a good way of using up the odd bits of paper that you have.


This card was made from die cut butterflies. I copied Kim and embossed a grid on the card to put the butterflies in. The greeting in the middle is slightly too big. I have added the some gems to finish the card.


I love the simplicity of this card and will be doing a few more of the. Just card backing paper ans a matching topper. Circle and scalloped nestie, a greeting a and a couple of gems. Fab! (Well I think it is anyway!!)


Thanks for reading


3 comments:

  1. Cally fabulous cards I have never iris folded but your two are great , those buttreflies are gorgeous . Fabulous work Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. All fabulous cards Cally,the iris folding looks great too.I think my fav has to be the last one as it's pink , I do love pink :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you, you've made good first cards there! I have sort of had a go, but...nooooo not showing it!! Your other cards are gorgeous too!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete