Friday 9 September 2011

A busy time since I last blogged


....but I am not going to bore you all with it, only to say that last weekend I had a lovely time up in Yorkshire staying with my big sister. We had a great time, just the 2 of us.

Right yesterday an old friend of mine and my hubby's eventually :-) got married and we were invited to the wedding. We have known Becky for just over 17 years and her now new husband Graeme for the last 8 years.

They got married at a beautiful country estate, Horsted Place Country House Hotel which was out of this world. The wedding was beautiful and there was lots of free flowing champagne. I don't normally like champers but this was really nice and I may have had a little too much!!!

Here are Becky and Graeme cutting their cake.

Here are the cards that I made for them. The first card was one I made at a craft class at the Glitterpot which I thought was ideal for them. I didn't add anything more to the card, just an insert.
Here is the box that I made for the card. Just decorated with a ribbon and a pull ribbon bow.
My friend, who was also attending the wedding, called me yesterday morning to say that she had forgotten to get a card and could I make her one. This is what I came up with. Not bad at short notice!
Here's the box I made for it.
As they had been living together for some time they didn't want or need anything but did ask that if we wanted to give them a gift then they would like vouchers or money to go towards their honeymoon which they are taking next year to India. (they are having a 'minimoon' to Madrid on Saturday :-) ) Here is the gift card I made to put the cheque in we gave them. I put a triangle inside the car to secure the cheque in the same paper as on the front.
Thanks for reading

5 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely is this! your card to the new Mr & Mrs is truly Beautiful l just adore the distressing it looks so original! and the cute images too! congratulations to the newly weds and l hope you had a great time :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cally these are beautuiful cards and the bride looks stunning sounds as though a great day was had
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete