Thursday 22 July 2010

Weekend in Doncaster.

Last weekend my mate Pam and I drove up to Doncaster for the SummerCrafting show. ( I say we but it was Pam that did all the driving). We left on Thursday and had a slow drive up going via CleverCut and stopped off at a nice place (can for the life of me remember where now though!!) for a nice lunch.

We arrived at the hotel at at 6ish, very impressed with the hotel The Earl. Looks absolutely nothing from the outside but once you got in,, WOW!! I did have some photos of the inside but when I came to download them to the computer, either the camera or the laptop had a wobbly and the pictures were erased. Hopefully Pam may put hes on her blog when she gets sorted...

Friday was workshop day, we were booked onto 4 workshops. We were a bit apprehensive at the beginning cause we didn't know what to expect but what a brilliant day. We did 4 workshops and made a completed card in all of them and came away with the stuff to be able to make another card also. The cards I will post once I have photographed them.

On the Saturday we went round the show itself. To say ot was busy is an huge understatement.. the morning was manic. In hindsite if we go next year we have said that we won't go til the afternoon as we could have gone in on the Sunday also.. We were knackered when we finished, but we had had a good day with lots of bargains. Spent lots of money but then I can shop for England if it was craft stuff. I did have a pic of all my stash but again it was lost when the camera/laptop through a wobbly.

We drove home on Sunday feeling knackered, but iyt had been a great weekend and we will definately be there next year!!

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment