Wednesday 29 May 2013

The problem card

This is the card that I mentioned about yesterday, the one that just didn't go right. The problem was that when I stuck the green backing paper to the orange card it somehow got a black mark on it. I didn't notice until I had stuck all the other bits on. I couldn't cover it up so I had to carefully peel the topper bits off and then remove the backing paper. Then I realised that I didn't have a spare piece of backing paper big enough for what I needed, but that's ok I thought cause I can cover the join with the band across the card, but then I  stick it with the join near the top!! hence the butterfly!!  Thank goodness it turned out ok.!

I have followed the sketch on Sunday Sketch & Stamp challenge this week and am also entering it into the Created with Love challenge whose theme is 'Layer it up' where you have to use at least 3 layers, and Passion for Promarkers challenge which is add ribbon, lace or twine”

Here is the sketch
 

and here is my card.

Recipe:
8 x 8 scalloped edge card blank
orange card from Colorbok 12x12 pad
Green backing paper from Doodlebug
Stripy paper from papermania
Spotty paper from Stampin Up
Image is from Just Inklined
Coloured with Promarkers
Greeting from Craftwork Cards
Butterfly is Martha Stewart punch
Gems & ribbon from my stash

Thanks for reading

9 comments:

  1. Love the image and colors. Thanks for joining our You life me UP challenge at Created with Love Challenges.

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Cally, I like the image, the butterfly , and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love that butterfly!! Thank you for join us at Created With Love Challenges this week, hugs Kate (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looks gorgeous and your image is beautiful great sketch too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Cally and thanks for joining us over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty Card! I like the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
    Hugs Frida

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous Cally. I love the image and beautiful sunny colours.
    Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Created with love challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. It may have been a problem card Cally but it's a winner at Sunday Sketch & Stamp - well done x

    ReplyDelete