Saturday, 7 April 2012

Update needed

Well haven't been blogging for ages. Been quite busy and never got round to it but think it's now time to catch up.

A couple of weeks ago I went up to the glitter pot for a class with Jane Gill. We were doing pink cards in the morning and then pink and black in the afternoon. We were also using punches and dies.

The cards made in the morning were made using the Spellbinders die Blossoms & Accents. Also used were Martha Stewart dies and embossing folder. A stamped greeting and a bit of ribbon to finish it off. Various card & backing papers were used.

The second card was also made using the same dies.from spellbinders. Martha Stewart punch and ribbon. A stamped greeting was added. Card & a couple of backing papers were used.

The afternoon session was Pink & Black. These colours are lovely together. On the first card, acetate was used and run through an embossing folder on the cuttle bug. (Never done this before but like the effect!) Jane had sanded the embossing but I didn't like that so I left it. This was attached to a black card matted with pink card. The flowers were made using the die Carnation Creations. Several sizes and layered. the centres of the flowers were used using a circle punch and then an embossing tool was used to form a curved centre. A piece of wide pink ribbon was tied round the card to finish it off. 

The second card was also used acetate put through an embossing folder and then stuck on to a card. The flowers were done using a die and then rolled to form the rose buds. 3 different papers were used. I'm not too keen on these flowers as they never seem to look right. The card was finished with ribbon and a stamped greeting.

Thanks for reading.


  1. Great flowers Cally and three fabulous cards the colours are beautiful.
    Have a nice Easter Sunday and Monday Hugs Elaine

  2. They are all lovely Cally. My favourite is the last one. Kim x

  3. Lovely set of cards Cally like the acetate embossed a great effect