This year I deceided to have a theme for the day and that theme was 'CHRISTMAS'. Now although my mate loves buying christmas craft stuff (she had loads!!) she is a bit adverse to making a Christmas card so I thought I would get her to make some this year. And she did!! The cards that she made can be seen here on her crafty blog.
Here are the cards I made.
1) The first card was made using a christmas tree die. The die can be found here on this site. I cut it using the cuttlebug onto purple mirri card. I made two cards, one using the tree image and one using the negative cut. I stuck tyhem both on to a black card blank, added a greeting and some glittery peeloffs. I thought they looked really effective.
2) This card I copied the idea from Pam who copied if from Karen on the Imag-e-nation forum. The Christmas Tree was embossed onto card using the Cuttlebug. It was then cut into 3 and stuck onto some turquoise mirri card. This in turn was stuck onto an A5 card. I used a snowflake brad from a box that Pam got from Artymiss (which I think I may have to purchase!!). The gems I already had together with the bow. The greeting is from some that Pam had bought at QVC. I thought it looked quite stylish.
3) This a similar to the above card, however i did not split the tree into 3 this time but layered it onto red and green mirri card. I used a gold snowflake brad for the top of the tree and used green and red sticky gems to decorate the tree. I put a hole either side underneath the topper and threaded through some red organza ribbon and tied a false bow. Again not the normal type of tree I would have made but again I think it looks classy!
4) The following card was a very quick and easy card. I used the little Christmas embossing folders for the cuttlebug and embossed them onto gold mirri card. I them cut them out using circle and square nesties and layered them with the scalloped edge circles and squares. I then stuck them onto a green pearlescent DL card that I had in mt stash. I finished it off with the greetings from Pam's stash that she got from QVC.
5) The last card I made was an embossing folder from Sizzix and I chalked it up using subtle colours. I them cut it using the oval nesties and layered onto gold mirri card cut with the scallopped edge ovals. The greeting was a folder from the same set and this was done on gold mirri card and stuck onto the black base card.
Simple card but effective.
What a proactive and most enjoyable day.
Thanks for looking